We humans are emotional beings. We live with emotions. Babies when born are able to cry. We laugh when we are happy, shout when we are angry and shed our tears when we feel sad. As natural as they can be, emotions can often damage us affecting our health, happiness and success. So many illnesses are the result of an emotional crisis. So many relationships that should have been beautiful end in disaster because of miscommunication and expression of emotions. So many intelligent people would fail the test of life emotionally and cannot achieve their goals.
How to understand the nature of our emotions? How to avoid being affected negatively by them? How to deal with our anger, fear, anxiety, sadness, depression, frustration, resentment, jealousy, over excitement (being high), etc.? Is it possible, and how do we transform these emotions into positive strength and energy? How do we turn our emotions into a source of creativity? How do we learn from our emotional experience and obtain inspiration and clarity?
The Five Emotion Hua Gong can provide answers to the above questions. It is a unique method that teaches us to tap into our emotions as energy (Qi) and therefore to release, transform and surpass them. Many have experienced the energising and revitalising power of imitating or playing animals in the 5 Animal Hua Gong. The Emotional Hua Gong carries similar power with the emphasis on the emotional rather than the physical aspect. It transmutes our emotions into four steps or aspects.
- Emotional release or catharsis to connect to and release our suppressed emotions such as fear, anger, anxiety, sorrow and excitement.
- Emotional Transformation, to use emotions as “power agents” to enhance our energy level and to improve our physical and mental health. In other words emotions will be experienced as positive stimulation for our empowerment.
- Emotional inspiration and creativity, to provoke artistic skills such as chanting, singing, dancing, boxing and other kinds of body movements.
- Emotional purification, to purify our heart through refining our personal emotions into great compassion. Detachment and clarity arise as a result. The first two steps are the focus of the first level practice, and the last two are the emphasis of the second level.
As a Qigong practice, this method will help us to develop the following aspects:
- To connect and activate our Qi in a powerful way,
- To open our energy channels and cavities;
- To develop our abilities in using sounds as a way of empowerment;
- To inspire artistic abilities such as singing and dancing;
- To purify mind and energy.
The experience of it should be both powerful and beautiful.